Please visit our Shopping List page for details on items the shelter is currently in need of. Information on our consignment program for gently used clothes, shoes, toys and accessories with Katy’s Consignment and Lil Hoots can be found here.
TRAVELLING CREAM CAN PROGRAM
Our Cream Can has been a great source for fundraising over the years. We’ve launched a new program where the Cream Can will travel to various businesses throughout the year and help to raise $$ and awareness of family abuse. Businesses can ‘host’ the Cream Can for one month. The cost to secure a month is $250 and then your business collects funds for that month. We’ll help by promoting your business on social media and your business is encouraged to be creative in promoting your involvement as well.
ON-LINE DONATIONS THROUGH ATB CARES
ATB created ATB Cares to make it easy for all Albertans to support the causes they care about. ATB will pay 100% of admin. and transaction costs on donations made through this site. As a bonus, ATB will match 15% of every dollar you donate. That means a $100 donation is $115 to us and no extra fees! To donate:
- Click on the “Donate Now” button to the right
- Enter the donation amount (ATB’s portion will also show)
- Review the cart (you will only pay your portion, not ATB’s)
- Enter confirmation & tax receipt information
- Confirm the donation amount and click on the box to proceed to the secure payment page
- Fill in your CC info. and click on ‘Process Transaction’.
- Voila! Your donation will be submitted to us and you can print your receipt.
Thank you for your generosity! Click here for more info. about ATB Cares.
How You Can Help
Since 1993, the Wheatland Crisis Society (operating the Strathmore Shelter) has relied on the generosity of many to operate our important facility and programs. There are a variety of ways to donate:
- Cash Donations – any amount is greatly appreciated to buy items required for our families. Credit card donations can be made by clicking on the ‘Donate Now’ button above. Cheques can be mailed to P.O. Box 2162, Strathmore, AB T1P 1K2.
- Gift Cards – any denomination for groceries, personal care, clothes, toys, books, movies, etc.(eg. VISA, Sobeys, Co-Op, Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, VISA, Home Hardware, Canadian Tire, etc.)
- Gift Cards – for family outings such as The Calgary Zoo, Joyland Theatre, Jumphouse Gymnastics, swimming, etc.
- In-Kind Donations – If a financial donation is not your preferred way of giving, we welcome in-kind donations in exchange for a product or service that we may need for our operations or program delivery. See our Shopping List page for details.
For donation enquiries or to drop off financial donations, gift cards or items, please call us at 403-934-6634, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your generous support.