How You Can Help
Since 1993, the Wheatland Crisis Society (operating the Strathmore Shelter) has relied on the generosity of many to operate our important facility and programs. There are a variety of ways to donate:
- Cash or Cheque Donations
- Online Donations
- Gift Cards
- In-Kind Donations
- Participate in a Fundraising Event
CASH OR CHEQUE DONATIONS
Any amount is greatly appreciated to buy items required for our families. Cheques can be mailed to P.O. Box 2162, Strathmore, AB T1P 1K2 and made payable to Wheatland Crisis Society.
ON-LINE DONATIONS THROUGH ATB CARES
ATB created ATB Cares to make it easy for all Albertans to support the causes they care about. ATB will pay 100% of admin. and transaction costs on donations made through this site. As a bonus, ATB will match 15% of every dollar you donate. That means a $100 donation is $115 to us and no extra fees! To donate:
- Click here or on the online donation image to the right
- Click the “find out more” link under the Giving is Easy heading on the left side of the page
- Type “Wheatland Crisis Society” into the white search box, and find our name from the drop down menu
- Enter the donation amount (ATB’s portion will also show)
- Review the cart (you will only pay your portion, not ATB’s)
- Enter confirmation & tax receipt information
- Confirm the donation amount and click on the box to proceed to the secure payment page
- Fill in your CC info. and click on ‘Process Transaction’.
- Voila! Your donation will be submitted to us and you can print your receipt.
Thank you for your generosity! Click here for more information about ATB Cares.
GIFT CARD DONATIONS
Any denomination for groceries, personal care, clothes, toys, books, movies, etc.(eg. VISA, Sobeys, Co-op, Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, VISA, Home Hardware, Canadian Tire, etc.) Gift cards for family outings such as The Calgary Zoo, Joyland Theatre, Jumphouse Gymnastics, swimming, etc. are also appreciated.
If a financial donation is not your preferred way of giving, we welcome in-kind donations in exchange for a product or service that we may need for our operations or program delivery.
LADIES CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES DONATIONS
Due to space limitations at the Shelter, we are unable to manage an on-site inventory for ladies clothing, shoes, purses and jewellery. We are pleased to partner with Katy’s Consignment Boutique in Strathmore who can house our Ladies Clothing inventory. Here is how the partnership works:
- Donations of Ladies clothing, shoes, purses and jewellery can be dropped off directly at Katy’s Consignment Boutique (104 – 3rd Ave, Strathmore; 403-983-8414). Katy’s will accept items that are clean, wrinkle-free, and in excellent condition (limit of 15 clothing items/week; unlimited shoes, purses and jewellery).
- Please mention you are dropping off clothes for the Wheatland Shelter account (#1400). Proceeds from sales for items purchased from the Shelter’s inventory go into our account.
- When Shelter clients require clothing, they can shop at Katy’s and pay for their items using funds in the account.
- Items not sold at Katy’s will be eventually be donated to Women in Need Society (WINS) in Calgary.
CHILDREN’S AND INFANTS ITEMS & CLOTHING DONATIONS
Due to space limitations at the Shelter, we are unable to manage an on-site inventory for children’s clothing, shoes, toys and equipment. We are pleased to partner with Lil Hoots Consignment in Strathmore who can house our children’s clothing inventory. Here is how the partnership works:
Donations of children’s clothing, shoes, toys and equipment can be dropped off directly at Lil Hoots
Consignment (239-3rd Ave, Strathmore; 403-934-9979). Lil Hoots will accept items that are clean, wrinkle-free, and in excellent condition (limit of 1 bag or box per week).
Please mention you are dropping off clothes for the Wheatland Shelter account (#503). Proceeds from sales for items purchased from the Shelter’s inventory go into our account.
When Shelter clients require clothing, they can shop at Lil Hoots and pay for their items using funds in the account.
Items not sold at Lil Hoots will be eventually be donated to Wheatland School Division and Siksika Nation.
We accept and keep a limited inventory of NEW stuffed animals/stuffies for children in our care. Please ensure they are new and have the tags intact. Those that are not new or missing tags cannot be accepted.
FURNITURE, BEDS, CRIBS, APPLIANCES & HOUSEHOLD GOODS
Although we appreciate the generosity of our supporters, we are unable to accept furniture, beds, cribs or appliances as we have limited space to manage and keep these items. Clients who require these items are referred to other social agencies.
Please visit our Shopping List page for details on items the shelter is currently in need of.
TRAVELING CREAM CAN FUNDRAISING PROGRAM
Our Cream Can has been a great source for fundraising over the years. Our new program has proved to be a success raising $7800.00 during the 2016/2017 traveling season. The Cream Can will travel to various businesses throughout the year and help to raise $$ and awareness of family abuse. Businesses can ‘host’ the Cream Can for one month. The cost to secure a month is $250 and then your business collects funds for that month. We’ll help by promoting your business on social media and your business is encouraged to be creative in promoting your involvement as well.
If you are interested in participating, contact Carly Cole, Public Educator at email@example.com or 934-6634 ext. 111
For donation inquiries or to drop off financial donations, gift cards or items, please call us at 403-934-6634, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your generous support.