Early Intervention Program
In order to continue to offer services to children in shelter we are using a new program model that focuses on group work with children with a primary focus on safety planning and healthy attachment between parents and children.
Highlights of this program include:
- Working with parents on comprehensive children’s safety plans.
- Crisis support through groups and individual supportive counselling with the parent, and parent coaching.
- The Family Residential Early Intervention Worker provides parents with tools to understand the effects of trauma and domestic conflict on child development with a strong focus on ACE’s.
- Encouragement of parents through role modeling and providing resources and warm referrals for ongoing community supports and congruency in care.
- This is an integrative role between the residential program and the child & youth program with a purpose of creating a wraparound support to families. The worker liaises between programs to ensure all family needs are being addressed.
Children’s Outreach Program
- Provides counselling services and support to children and adolescents utilizing an integrative approach, including therapeutic play
- Parent coaching, education and support
- Parent Groups (positive Parenting, Parenting Neurodiverse Kids, ADHD/ADD)
Who can access this program?
- Residents of Wheatland County – Children and adolescents who have been exposed to family violence and abuse are given priority but the program provides support to children and adolescents experiencing a variety of difficulties including: Grief and loss, separation and divorce, anxiety, depression, ADHD/ADD and other school adjustment issues.
- Self referrals are welcome