About Our Public Education Program
WCS Public Education Program Guide 2020 – Click here for a list of presentations
Imagine a world where we could cut of violence at the root, instead of watching for it to grow and branch out. Imagine a world where it was no longer acceptable to joke about abuse, and people knew that it was not okay to treat another human being with anything less than care, compassion and respect.
The goal of the Public Education program is to increase awareness and decrease tolerance of violence and abuse. Anti-abuse educators are available to schools, service clubs, community groups, agencies and faith communities to provide a number of workshops and presentations on family abuse and related topics. This service is available free of charge, as are all shelter services.
Kids especially want to talk about things that have been taboo. They want reliable information, the opportunity to ask questions, and tools that work for them. There is nothing quite like the “Aha” moment when a participant in a workshop learns something new; something with the ability to help them make healthier, safer choices in life.
Access WCS Public Education
- Current programs work best within a classroom setting of 5-50 students or adults and take from 40-65 minutes.
- Each program has been developed to a specific grade or age range. There are currently 27 different classroom programs available through the WCS Public Education Program.
- Presentation topics include healthy relationships, ways to solve conflict, self esteem, empathy, bullying, abuse, anger management for children, healthy boundaries, and violence awareness.
- Presentations about shelter services are also available to businesses, organizations, agencies, service clubs and service providers. This program can be accessed for your next lunch and learn, staff meeting or after hours for your employees or members.
- Presentations are available within several communities including, but not limited to Strathmore, Carseland, Langdon, Indus, Milo, Three Hills, Carbon, Linden, Acme, Drumheller, Trochu, Beiseker, Irricana, Kathryn, Gleichen, Siksika, Standard, Rockyford, Chestermere and more!
- Programs are available year round and are offered on a flexible schedule to suit your individual needs.
To obtain more information call 403-934-6634 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domestic Violence & Your Workplace
WCS will be offering the “Domestic Violence and Your Workplace” training program to any business or organization in Strathmore and surrounding communities starting in January 2019. Training in Domestic Violence and Your Workplace is the first step in understanding your responsibilities under the current Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code as well as:
• Teach you how to recognize and prevent domestic violence
• Deepen your understanding of strategies to assist victims and connect them
to appropriate experts in the community.
Contact our Public Educator today to request a free and flexible training for your team. email@example.com or 403-934-6634 ex. 107